Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Green Smoothie Goodness

Over the past couple of weeks I have been on a cleanse. I know when most people hear the word "cleanse" they picture a week of only drinking juice with cayenne pepper and maple syrup. I'm not on that type of cleanse... thank goodness. The yoga cleanse I have been living by is a basic, whole food, plant based eating plan. A delicious green smoothie in the morning, a yummy salad for lunch and a hearty soup for dinner. When I first started this cleanse I thought I would get so sick of drinking the same smoothies everyday, but instead I have found LOVE in this smoothie!
Green Smoothie Goodness: Ingredients to mix in a blender: -1 Banana -5 Strawberries (can substitute with other seasonal fruit, i.e. 1 peach or 1/2 cup raspberries) -1 cup almond milk -1/4 cup almonds -1 Tbs. flaxseeds (buy them whole, the ground flaxseeds loose their nutritional value after about 2 days of being ground) -1 scoop greens formula (I use the Garden of Life Superfood)

No comments:

Post a Comment